Pietra Ligure, a seaside tourist center very appreciated for its climate, is located along the Riviera di Ponente between Borgio Verezzi and Loano.
The clean and crystalline sea makes the city one of the most appreciated destinations where you can spend summer and winter holidays. The beaches are numerous and equipped and tourists can choose between sandy and stony beaches. To mention the “beach of the boats” placed right in front of the historic center, where once the fishermen landed.
In summer, as in winter, walks in the beautiful tree-lined streets, which frame the landscape, are a must.
In addition to the numerous beaches, the town of Pietra Ligure offers many opportunities to visit the area with trips and excursions. The attractions of this town are historical, such as the Castle of Doria, cultural, like the Museum of the Sea and natural as the Botanical Park, on the slopes of Mount Trabocchetto, with a pond with fish and turtles and an area for animals. In the evening guests can take part in the numerous cultural and gastronomic events or attend a theater show at the Moretti Theater, very close to Regina Mundi.
From Pietra Ligure it is possible to make countless trips and excursions:
• Caves of Borgio Verezzi, also known as “Grotte Valdemino” are a complex of karst cavities – km 1.5
• Pietra Ligure Botanical Park, where there is a small lake with fish and turtles, and an area destined for animals – 1.8 km
• Archaeological Museum of Finale in Finale Ligure, where you can participate in educational workshops – 7 km
• Toirano Caves, famous for the richness of stalactites and stalagmites and the evocative Sala del Laghetto – 10 km
• Hippodrome dei Fiori of Albenga, where periodic trotting races take place – km 19
• Genoa Aquarium, the largest aquarium in Italy and the richest in Europe – 74 km
• Portofino, small Ligurian pearl, included in the Regional Natural Park of Portofino and in the marine protected area Portofino – km 100
• Principality of Monaco, whose most famous destination and Monte Carlo – km 120